Chicken lettuce wraps are a light, veggie-focused meal that is great for lunch or dinner. Trust us, you’ll want to make enough for leftovers!
- ⅓ c Coconut Secret Hoisin Sauce
- ⅓ c Coconut Secret aminos or tamari soy sauce
- 2 T freshly grated ginger
- 1 T Sriracha
- 1 T rice wine vinegar (Marukan or Nakano Organic)
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 8 whole butter lettuce leaves
- 1 c bean sprouts (optional)
- 1 c thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 c julienned carrots
- 1 c cucumber slices
- 2 T chopped organic peanuts
- 1 cup cooked thin rice noodles
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Sweet chili sauce for serving (Yai’s Thai)
- Optional: Sieté cassava tortillas (see step 6 below)
- For the chicken and marinade: Mix the hoisin, coconut aminos, grated ginger, Sriracha, rice wine vinegar, and grated garlic in a bowl. Add the chicken strips, cover the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Heat a cast iron pan over high heat and add avocado oil. Heat until oil is hot but not smoking.
- Remove the chicken strips from the marinade and cook in heated cast iron pan until done (165F), about 2 minutes per side.
- For the lettuce and filling: Set out the lettuce, sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cucumbers and rice noodles on a plate or serving platter.
- Assemble the wraps by filling the lettuce leaves with the chicken and various fillings. Add some chili sauce. Roll and eat.
- Optional: For an extra carbohydrate source, use Sieté cassava tortillas. Lightly heat in an ungreased pan on the stovetop for a minute on each side to soften the tortilla, add the butter lettuce leaves first, then fill with chicken and other fillings and eat like a wrap or taco.