- September is Better Breakfast Month. In order to celebrate, we wanted to share one of our favorite breakfast recipes with a broccoli sprout twist, of course!
- The Kitchen Sink Hash serves 3-4 people. It takes 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook for a total of 30 minutes.
- 1 lb organic chorizo (pasture-raised is preferred)
- ½ lb organic chicken, diced (pasture-raised is preferred)
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed and diced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh, organic broccoli sprouts, rinsed and dried
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic or 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Unrefined sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the chorizo into a large skillet on medium heat and cook thoroughly. Set aside cooked chorizo in a bowl.
- Keeping the fat from your chorizo in the skillet, add the chicken, cook throughly, then add the cooked chicken to your chorizo bowl.
- Add onions and sweet potatoes and stir until sweet potatoes soften to your liking.
- Add the pepper and continue to stir for around 4-5 minutes, then add the chicken and chorizo back into the skillet.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic into the skillet, and stir for another minute.
- Portion out contents of the skillet onto plates and add broccoli sprouts over top.
- Optional: Add scrambled or poached eggs.