- Broccoli sprouts are the ultimate defense-man.
- They contain high levels of sulforaphane, an important switch to activate your body’s defense pathways.
- Read on to see how we love incorporating broccoli sprouts.
Have you ever had a small, yet powerful defensive teammate on your team in sports, work, or life? Well, here’s one on your nutrition team who’s worth getting to know…
Broccoli sprouts (not broccoli) pack a whole lot of DEFENSE in a very small package. They support your body’s immune system and help keep your 50+ trillion cells clean, allowing for optimal energy production.
When chewed or blended, broccoli sprouts contain high levels of a compound called sulforaphane. This compound switches on a host of defense pathways in the body that help protect against viruses and other pathogens, while also helping with cellular housekeeping.
Our favorite 3 ways to use broccoli sprouts
- Blended up in smoothies (drink immediately to get the most sulforophane)
- Added to a salad
- Used as a topper for steaks, stir frys, and baked potatoes.
SportFuel Pro Tip
SportFuel® ProTip: Always be sure to rinse your sprouts under cold water before eating.
Scoop up some organic broccoli sprouts from the store or farmers’ market and connect with us on social media to let us know how you use these tiny beauties!