This refreshingly light Watermelon Salad comes together quickly and is so refreshing. It is best made with fresh ingredients and consumed the day it is prepared.
- 1 medium-sized watermelon, cubed
- ¼ red onion or sweet vidalia onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 english cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into half moons
- 2-3 small radishes, sliced paper thin (optional)
- ½ cup feta or ricotta salata
- 6 or more fresh basil or mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- Drizzle of raw local honey
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Cube watermelon.
- Add sliced onion, cucumber, and radish
- Sprinkle with feta or slivers of ricotta salata.
- Add shreds of basil or mint leaves.
- Toss with lime juice, salt, pepper, and drizzle of honey to taste.
- Serve as is or over a bed of arugula or watercress.
For more recipes, head to sportfuel.com/recipes/.