If you often find it difficult to put together a quality breakfast every morning, then try overnight oats. They are a great option for athletes who need something quick that helps them reach their nutrient requirements. Overnight oats can also be an awesome top-off snack pre-training or competition. Check out the recipe below to make your own Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats! Let us know how you like them!
- ½ cup oats (rolled)
- 3 tbsps cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsps Chia Seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened macadamia milk
- 1 cup strawberries
- ¾ oz. collagen peptides or protein powder of choice (2 scoops vanilla collagen peptides)
- 1 oz. Pecans
- Add the oats, cocoa powder, chia seeds, and macadamia milk together in a large container. Stir well to combine. Seal and place in the fridge overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Remove the overnight oats from the fridge. Divid into containers and top with strawberries and pecans. Enjoy!
- Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. Enjoy cold, or warm on the stovetop with additional milk.
- If you like it sweeter – Use monk fruit extract to taste.
For more recipes, head to sportfuel.com/recipes/.