Try SportFuel’s favorite chocolate chip cookies. They are gluten-free and low-glycemic. The perfect dessert for any athlete!
We know we know….you might hear gluten-free and low-glycemic and automatically think: “These won’t be very good” or “You’re calling these a treat.” But, hear us out! Our athletes have been surprised by how delicious these simple cookies are (and how nutrient-dense), so give ’em a chance.
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ c almond flour
- 1/3 c maple syrup
- 1 egg
- ½ t baking soda
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- ½ c dark chocolate chips (@hukitchen or @lilys_sweets are SportFuel®-approved brands)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet.
- Top with extra dark chocolate chips as desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Don’t forget to share them!