Gluten Free Low-Glycemic Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
We know we know….the title of the recipe makes you automatically think: “These won’t be very good” or “These are not a treat.” However, you will be surprised at how delicious these simple cookies are if you give them a chance. And they are also nutrient dense!
-1 cup almond butter
-½ c almond flour
-1/3 c maple syrup
-½ t baking soda
-1 t pure vanilla extract
-½ c dark chocolate chips (@hukitchen or @lilys_sweets are SportFuel®-approved brands)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
3. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet.
5. Top with extra dark chocolate chips as desired.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
7. Cool on wire rack.
Try not to eat them all yourself!