Looking for an easy, delicious, and nourishing summer recipe? Our Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork has you covered!
Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork
Ingredients for Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork:
- 4 pounds pork shoulder or pork butt (or choose pork tenderloin if you prefer less fat)
- 4 T smoked paprika
- 2 T sea salt
- 2 T chili powder
- 2 T ground cumin
- 1 T ground black pepper
- 1 T dried oregano
- 1 T ground white pepper
- 2 t cayenne pepper (or cayenne to taste)
- BBQ sauce (recipe below)
- Make the spice rub by mixing all the seasonings in a bowl.
- Bring the pork to room temperature and rub the spice mix into the meat.
- Place pork into a baggie and roll to wrap tightly. Refrigerate a minimum of 3 hours to overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove the pork from the baggie and place it in the slow-cooker/crock pot. Add ¼ cup water or chicken stock. Cook on low 8-10 hours until fork tender.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board.
- Shred the meat with a fork then place it back into the crock pot with the juices.
- Add BBQ sauce of choice. We like Primal Kitchen Golden BBQ or Hawaiian BBQ sauce. Or make your own (recipe follows).
- Serve any way you like (in a power bowl with rice and veggies or a cassava tortilla or lettuce wrap) and enjoy!
SportFuel BBQ Sauce
Makes 4 cups
Ingredients for SportFuel BBQ Sauce:
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1, 6 oz can organic tomato paste
- 1 cup organic beef stock
- 2 T dijon mustard
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 T sweet paprika
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- 8-10 ounces diced pineapple (depending on desired sweetness level)
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently.
Looking for more recipes like SportFuel’s Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork, check out all SportFuel recipes at sportfuel.com/recipes/.