Timing is everything.
Properly fueling before, during, and after any workout, game, or practice with high quality food is important for optimizing energy, performance, and recovery. Here are a few of our favorite on-the-go snacks to keep your gas tank full on the road.
*Portion sizes can be adjusted based on individual needs and goals.
- Overnight oats with mixed berries and collagen peptides
- Apple slices with almond butter
- Grass-fed beef stick + 1/2 a banana
- A Fueling bar: SportFuel Bar, RX Bars, Bulletproof, Mark’s Primal, Mad Macro
- Fresh berries with organic cottage cheese and raw honey
- Hardboiled egg with sea salt + plantain crisps or sweet potato chips
- UCAN® Superstarch in water 30 min prior to training
During workout/practice/game snacks
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 4 dates
- 1 cup cubed watermelon
- 1 cup mango slices
- 1 banana
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1 oz beet or plantain chips
- Stay hydrated by adding electrolytes to water, or drinking coconut water or a sports drink without artificial colorings/flavors.
- For intense sessions, more liquid carbohydrates might be needed. Try adding Vitargo® unflavored carbs to your electrolytes.
- Take any of the “During” snacks and add 2 tbsp of a nut or seed butter, coconut flakes, ground chia seeds, flax meal, KitchFix granola, or organic beef or turkey jerky (Paleo Valley, Epic, Nick’s Sticks).
- Mixed berry smoothie with collagen protein + 1/4 avocado + UCAN®Superstarch
- Hardboiled egg with sea salt and fresh fruit
- Jackson’s Honest sweet potato chips or beet chips dipped in organic, full-fat cottage cheese or guacamole
- Organic raw pressed juice (beets, carrot, berries, mixed greens, or other fruits) with collagen peptides